Beginning June 6, 2023 we will be accepting rehearsal requests between the dates of July 1, 2023 - September 17, 2023.
About MR Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program
Through the Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program, artists may book rehearsal space at $10/hour for rehearsals at MR Studios located in the 122 Community Center at 150 First Avenue.
Movement Research Studios and Offices at 122 Community Center are accessible spaces. Our 2 studios, Courtyard Studio and Ninth st studio, are located on the first floor and are wheelchair and mobility device accessible. The second-floor office is accessible by elevator.
For accessibility requests and questions contact
[email protected] with the subject Rehearsal Space.
Movement Research's Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program is supported by Dance/NYC’s New York City Dance Rehearsal Space Subsidy Program, made possible by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature, and the Mertz Gilmore Foundation.
Interested in booking studio space?
Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
What you need to know:
As of July 2023, we will no longer require a 30-minute buffer between all activities in our studios as part of our Covid Safety Protocols.
- Masks are still required:
- During MR Workshops and Classes.
- Masks are optional:
- In the common areas of 122 Community Center.
- In the MR Studios during private studio booking times.
How to Request Space:
- The MR Studios at 122CC will be available during regular hours (9:00am-10:00pm) every day of the week for studio time reservations. Eden's Expressway is not available for bookings at this time.
- Please check our calendars of availability before sending in your request.
- Email all studio space requests to [email protected]. Space requests must be sent a minimum of one week in advance of the first requested studio time.
- For accessibility requests or questions, please contact [email protected]
- We accept studio bookings for the Courtyard Studio and 9th St. Studio through email only.
- Studios are available Monday-Sunday from 9:00am-10:00pm
PLEASE NOTE: You can only pay online once your booking has been confirmed with a Movement Research staff member. Paying for an unconfirmed booking does not count as reserving space.
To pay with credit card, select the number of hours you would like to book. If you are booking more than five hours, you will need to add an hour to your cart, and then update the quantity to the appropriate number of hours in the upper right hand corner. Be sure to double check that you are paying for the correct amount of hours.